Christmas Markets of Central Europe - Classic Group, Winter 2021-2022
Brochure Type: Europe Summer 2021 V2
Discover Europe's best fairy-tale Christmas Markets on this magical winter escapade. Join in the advent festivities in romantic Ljubljana and take in the views from Bratislava's Castle in Slovakia's capital. In Vienna explore one of Europe's oldest Christmas market. Journey through the Bavarian Alps with their snow-capped mountains, musical Salzburg, the magical castle in Neuschwanstein, and on to heart-warming Munich.
- Ljubljana: Spend time with your Local Expert at the Christmas markets and learn about some of the festive Slovenian delicacies on display and relish in a tasting.
- Zagreb: Join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant with the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening with wine.
- Salzburg: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious Lebkuchen with a fragrant cup of Gluhwein.
- Vienna: Toast your travels at your Celebration Dinner of Austrian specialties with wine.
- Hall in Tirol: Perfectly situated in a 700-year-old building in the charming town of Hall in Tirol, savour a medieval banquet of Austrian specialties with wine.
- Innsbruck: Savour a traditional meal accompanied by local Tyrolean music and entertainment.
- Munich: Join your newfound friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer!
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 6 Dinners with Wine (DW)
- Vienna: Choose between a Waltz masterclass with a ballroom instructor, to test your dancing skills, or alternatively, join a guided tour of Schonbrunn Palace.
- Innsbruck: Choose between a horse and carriage ride or alternatively, visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal.
- Christmas Markets: Be dazzled by the magic of Christmas with local handicrafts and festive treats.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower.
- Postojna Caves: Enter by mini-train into these world-famous cave systems, before walking through an illuminated fairyland of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Ljubljana: Explore this elegant capital with your Local Expert, to see the castle City Hall, Cathedral of St Nicholas and Triple Bridge.
- Bratislava: Join your Local Expert for an exploration of the city centre. Enjoy the vistas form the Bratislava Castle then take a walk in the charming Old Town among 19th century palaces and see the Slovak National Theatre, Michael's Gate and the Old Town Hall.
- Vienna: Travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. You'll also view the Hohensalzburg fortress and see Residenz Fountain when you spend some time in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Enjoy an orientation with your Travel Director as you walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof.
- Neuschwanstein: Visit the archetypal fairy-tale castle that allegedly inspired many of Walt Disney's castles. Led by a local historian, walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy spectacular views.
- Oberammergau: Explore the town and see the theatre where the Passion Play has been performed since 1634 and the next performance will be in 2022.
- Munich: See Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbrauhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call (800) 999-7722 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15545981
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zagreb||Welcome to Zagreb: Transfers to your hotel depart from Zagreb airport at 11:30 and 14:00. Relax and settle in or perhaps head for the nearby King Tomislav Square and try ice skating. At 17:30, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with the opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers over a pleasant evening with wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Sheraton Zagreb Hotel.
|Day 2||Zagreb||Zagreb sightseeing: Join your Local Expert to explore the two-tiered capital of Croatia. Drive through the squares of the Lower Town, Donji Grad, designed to give a sense of grandeur. See the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square and continue to Ban Josip Jelacic Square en route to the cathedral. Board the city's funicular to the medieval Upper Town, Gornji Grad. It's a network of little streets, stretching between the Kaptol and Gradec hills. View the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower. The afternoon is at leisure. Discover the city's Christmas markets or perhaps take an Optional Experience to the Zagorje region to learn about the local traditions and visit the house of Marshall Tito? (Breakfast)|
Sheraton Zagreb Hotel.
|Day 3||Ljubljana||The Postojna Caves and Ljubljana: Leave the Croatian capital and head to neighbouring Slovenia and visit the world-famous Postojna Caves. Step aboard the cave train and descend into a subterranean world of stunning stalactites, stalagmites, columns and curtains. Marvel at the five-metre tall Brilliant, the cave's most beautiful stalagmite. Later, arrive to charming Ljubljana and tonight enjoy a dinner of Slovenian specialities with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Lev Ljubljana.
|Day 4||Ljubljana||Ljubljana sightseeing: Your Local Expert will reveal the Baroque elegance of the Slovenian capital. The medieval castle stands as an ancient guardian, the City Hall and Cathedral of St. Nicholas testify to its historical importance, while the Triple Bridge spans the river adorned with cafes and restaurants. Spend time at the Christmas markets, rich with the heady aromas of sweet treats and drinks. Your Local Expert will share insights into some of the Slovenian Christmas delicacies on display and treats you to a tasting. The rest of the afternoon is at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Lev Ljubljana.
|Day 5||Bratislava||The Slovakian capital of Bratislava: Today's journey takes you through Austria. In Graz see the Castle Hill and Town Hall in the well-preserved, UNESCO World Heritage listed historic city centre on your orientation. Walk among colourful buildings, take a stroll along River Mur and explore the festive market stalls. Travel past the Foot of the Alps as you make your way towards Bratislava. Spend your night in the charming Slovakian capital and take a walk in the Old Town to sample the delicious offerings of the Christmas markets. (Breakfast)|
Crowne Plaza Bratislava.
|Day 6||Vienna||Bratislava sightseeing and Vienna: Bratislava might be one of the smaller capitals in Europe but it has a long and rich history influenced by various cultures and nations. Join your Local Expert for discovery of the quaint city centre. Enjoy the vistas form the Bratislava Castle then take a walk in the charming Old Town among 19th century palaces and see the Slovak National Theatre, Michael's Gate and the Old Town Hall. Enjoy time at leisure and maybe try some of the Slovakian dishes for lunch before travelling to nearby imperial Vienna. (Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Vienna||Vienna sightseeing: Explore Schonbrunn with Insight Choice. Tour the Palace and marvel at its frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded ornaments. Alternatively, join your Local Expert to stroll through the manicured grounds and enter the 18th century Crown Prince Garden.Then ready your camera for a dazzling drive around the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard, built along the lines of the old city walls, showcases many of the capital's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence, Austrian Parliament Building and the Neo Gothic Town Hall. The afternoon is at yours to explore the historic core of the city and the offerings of the many Christmas markets. Tonight, toast your journey with your fellow travellers at your Celebration Dinner of Austrian specialities. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Salzburg||To Enchanting Salzburg: Journey through the rich farmlands of eastern Austria towards the lakes and mountains of the Salzkammergut and the enchanting city of Salzburg. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
ARCOTEL Castellani, Salzburg.
|Day 9||Salzburg||The City of Mozart: Come December, the spires and domes of Salzburg's old town are often draped in snow. Walk with your Local Expert to see Mozart's family home on the Getreidegasse, beautifully decorated at this time of year. Then head on to the rosy hues of the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. Culinary delicacies, candied fruits, hot mulled wine and the lovingly decorated stalls invite visitors to stop and browse. Here your Travel Director will introduce you to a market stallholder to enjoy sampling a Viennese winter dessert, complemented perfectly with a traditional fragrant glass of Gluhwein. (Breakfast)|
ARCOTEL Castellani, Salzburg.
|Day 10||Innsbruck||A scenic drive to Innsbruck: A lovely drive brings you to the Inn Valley and the mountain-ringed Tyrolean capital of Innsbruck. Explore Innsbruck with Insight Choice, perhaps join a horse & carriage ride or visit the magical world of Swarovski Crystal. In the evening, enjoy a traditional meal accompanied by local Tyrolean entertainment and music. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
AC Hotel Innsbruck.
|Day 11||Munich||Neuschwanstein and Oberammergau: Travel to the fairy-tale castle of Neuschwanstein, perched on a spectacular Alpine mountainside. With a Local Expert, visit the exuberantly decorated apartments, including the Throne Room, before continuing into the beautiful scenery of the German Alps to visit Oberammergau, home of the Passion Play since 1634. See the immense theatre and admire the colourful painted chalets before driving on to the Bavarian capital of Munich. Please note: Neuschwanstein Castle visits require a good level of mobility due to the number of stairs in the building and uphill, on-foot access to the castle during winter. Those who do not wish to ascend to the castle can enjoy a coffee and cake, while admiring the beautiful castle vista. (Breakfast)|
Munich Marriott Hotel.
|Day 12||Munich||Munich: Enjoy an orientation of the city which concludes in Marienplatz beside the soaring Town Hall, famous for its Glockenspiel. Beneath the gigantic Christmas tree, Munich's traditional Christmas Market is an entrancing festival of light and music. In the evening, join your travelling companions at a local restaurant for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine and good cheer! (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Munich Marriott Hotel.
|Day 13||Munich||Auf Wiedersehen Munich!: Your departure transfer arrives at Munich Airport at 07:00 and 09:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: (08 Dec and 08 Dec) These departures will explore all Christmas markets.(08 Dec) Zagreb Christmas Markets will not have started for this departure.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class